From Friday 14 to Monday 17 September, the second round of 2018 with HOMI – Il Salone delle Stili di Vita will be back in Fiera Milano (Rho). The trade fair that anticipates and recounts styles and trends, dedicated to the worlds of personal care, home and living, fashion jewelry and accessories. A dynamic and fluid path in which 10 exhibition satellites define the store of tomorrow, expanding business opportunities thanks to the new meeting territories between exhibitors and buyers.
In this article we will examine in detail the HOMI Satellite FASHION & JEWELS, undoubtedly one of the key satellites of the whole event. Two distinct and at the same time synergistic souls, the accessory world and the jewel world become two universes that dialogue with each other, in a continuous exchange of strong and determined stylistic contaminations.
This Satellite differs in different aspects, ranging from the research of new brands, to the promotion of young talents also thanks to the experimental areas, and to the desire to give an ever greater impulse and stimulus to the sector, with exhibitions, targeted projects and round tables, with an in-depth focus on the main issues in the sector. Many ideas of style will be proposed by historical realities, established and emerging designers, great brands of bijoux and accessories and international brands.
Characteristics of this edition will be the new SPERIMENTA areas which will host selected companies presenting specific focus on innovation and experimentation, to illustrate the important work of artisanal research and design. Spaces that will host traditions and new re-elaborations, where to find unpublished and exclusive creations, unique and original pieces, small excellences with inimitable quality.
HOMI’s bijoux universe is dominated both by big players in Italian and international bijoux and by niche contexts, which reinforce, by edition after edition, their positioning for the refined craftsmanship, design and innovation.
With the support of Massimo Loi (MondoSardegna.it) we interviewed for you three talented designers of costume jewelry in Milan: Guendalina Meucci, Anna Lodi and Dorina Camusso, who at HOMI have participated several times and tell us a little about their wonderful activities with some ideas to face a fair event of this magnitude.
GUENDALINA BOTTEGA CREATIVA of Guendalina Meucci – Milano
Nature is an extraordinary richness, from which Guendalina Meucci draws inspiration and which idealizes according to its artistic sensibility.
ANNA LODI BIJOUX of Anna Lodi – Milano
Design, resins, thematic illustrations for a unique characterization of the costume jewelery but also limited tailor production of foulards, scarves, bags, clothing and accessories for trendy women, all this is ANNALODI. From 2005 a reality of Milan that creates Fashion!
CADO’ of Dorina Camusso – Milano
From the passion for hats, to the birth of Cadò, an artisan production workshop that makes hats and jewels of the highest quality, with innovative materials and attention to the choice of shapes and colors.
As for pavilion 11 dedicated to jewelry, also pavilion 9, dedicated to accessories, bags, hats, shoes, scarves, clothing, lives with dynamism a season of rebirth and strong growth. Here we will find a very transversal offer based on both industrial production and an offer related to craftsmanship, and remains focused on the primary objective of the event that exhibits lifestyles, contaminations and quality, always in the name of the valorization of made in Italy and of the well done.
Also this year we expect great attention to nature, a source of inspiration for many exhibitors, as well as for materials more and more often of natural origin such as wood, metals, rough fabrics, stones, etc. These worlds are then contrasted with more “technological” proposals with resins, plastics and other synthetic materials, worked with cutting-edge systems. Among projects and improvisations, the craftsmanship of many works stands out, giving rise to pieces that are unique, or with details that make them unrepeatable.
In particular, for the Sperimenta area dedicated to the world of fashion accessories (pav. 9), HOMI will realize, in collaboration with Artisanal Intelligence, a new project that will represent the journey, emotion of movement and discovery. The suggestive layout will revolve around a symbolic place, defined by geometric figures, colors and images: landscapes and backgrounds, transforming the visitor into a character from a large tableau vivant. In addition, the presence of moodboards made as photo sets, will allow you to take pictures to share to create a flow of virtual content to be disseminated through digital channels, for a new way of communicating and involving designers and artisans and products.
Along with product news, Fashion & Jewels will be the theater for interesting meetings dedicated to successful experiences of sector companies and the latest fashion trends: from the combination of styles and zodiacal signs at the forefront of online commerce, the calendar of meetings will be rich and agile, to allow operators to train on new trends and original business strategies, then return to dive into the colorful new products on display.
- Workshop Store in (E)motion. Visual merchandising expert Francesca Zorzetto will be explaining how to approach a shop window and its layout in an innovative way. Saturday 15 September at 3 pm; Sunday 16 and Monday 17 September at 11 am in the Welcome Area of hall 22
- Talk show #Cambiamento (#Change). Analyses and comparisons on how sector stores are changing. Sunday 16 September at 5 pm in the Welcome Area of hall 22
- GIA Award Italia. An award that promotes and celebrates the most innovative stores. Sunday 16 at 5:30 pm in the Welcome Area of hall 22
- Conference/talk show dedicated to FASHION 4.0 / T-Commerce with the contribution of Alessandro Giglio, Giglio Group CEO. Friday 14 September at 11 am (hall 9, stand L15)
- Talk entitled ‘ASTRI & BEAUTY’ – i tratti della bellezza segno per segno’ (STARS & BEAUTY – beauty traits sign by sign) organised by Imagine with Cristina Milanesi, director of Imagine and Beauty Director of Io Donna, and Chiara Viola, astrologer. Friday 14 September at 2 pm (hall 9, stand L15)
- Conference organised by the Politecnico di Milano with the presentation of the results of the ‘Il Gioiello e i Giovani’ (Jewellery and Young People) research study. Friday 14 September at 12:30 pm by Alba Cappellieri, Full Professor of Jewellery and Accessory Design, Politecnico di Milano; and Saturday 15 September at 11 am with Elisa Borboni, Giona Montorfano, Giulia Poma e Shiqi Tang (hall 11, stand K18)
- Conference organised by A.I.Artisanal Intelligence: “la nuova generazione della moda italiana tra formazione, tradizione artigianale e sostenibilità” with speaker Lupo Lanzara, Vice President of the Accademia Costume & Moda, Daniele Biscontini and Stefano Cochis founder of Emersum, and the journalist and founder of A.I. Artisanal Intelligence Alessio de’Navasques. Friday 14 September at 15:30 pm (hall 11, stand K18)
- HOMI FASHION SHOW, a runway show featuring bijoux, fashion accessories and colours, with the participation of 40 HOMI Fashion and Jewels exhibitors. Presented by Jo Squillo. Saturday 15 at 12:00 pm and 3:30 pm and Sunday 16 September at 12:00 pm and 3:30 pm (hall 9, stand L15)
- Conference organised by the Associazione Gioiello Moda Italia. Saturday 15 September at 5:00 pm (hall 11, stand K18)
- Workshop dedicated to social media marketing in the jewellery sector. Focus on how to sell more during Christmas time with social media. Sunday 16 September at 2:00 pm by Antonio Kropp and Erika Zacchiello (hall 11, stand K18)
- Conference/talk show to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Preziosa Magazine, with the presentation of the magazine volume dedicated to the jewellery sector. Sunday 16 September at 5:00 pm (hall 11, stand K18)
Also this year, the September event takes place almost simultaneously – on Sunday 16 and Monday 17 September – with MIpel, the Fair dedicated to leather goods, and MICAM Milano, the International Footwear Show, thus offering visiting buyers the opportunity to find, in a single moment, the best of fashion proposals for footwear, bags, accessories and costume jewelery.