We are in, from Friday January 26 HOMI – The lifestyle trade fair will finally get to the heart of the exhibition that has already seen a promising excitement in pre-appointments buyers, exhibitors and pre-registrations to the event.
Designers, artisans and professionals will meet to discuss the future trends of the different sectors that animate the 10 different satellites of HOMI, taking advantage of the opportunity to meet buyers and retailers, national and international, both through their exhibition stand and through the matches programmed with the dedicated HOMI platform (MY Matching).
Present in the Stand D06 of Hall 1 – Fashion & Jewels’ satellite, the one that showcases the ability of designers and artisans to research and experiment with new shapes and materials in the field of jewelry, bijoux and fashion accessories, Madeinitalyfor.me will bring a little bit of Italian know-how, with new collections and lots of surprises to discover.
So, with the collaboration of Massimo Loi of Mondo Sardegna, we thought to meet, in the respective laboratories of Milan, four of the protagonists of the Satellite Fashion & Jewels that we will find in the different areas organized to allow each exhibitor to present their creations, their style and their know-how.
Marco Picciali is a goldsmith able to combine noble and less noble materials in a very genuine way. He loves to get involved with each of his creations, trying to tell a story or rather, as he himself explains, “to suggest stories”.
Marco Picciali’s path is made up of a wide knowledge of the sector, faced from different points of view – as you can see in the video – that leads him to break the traditional schemes of this art. Below is his story and some valuable advice, strong in many national and international experiences, for all goldsmiths who have the desire to participate in trade fairs as important as that of HOMI.
Mikky Eger is a designer who creates artistic jewels starting from combinations of precious metals, such as gold and silver, with precious stones. His creations are the result of a precise growth path that has ranged in various creative fields such as fashion design (she designed rugs and footwear lines), and visual merchandising.
He welcomed us in his workshop in Milan, telling us about his journey in the world of artistic jewelry, where creativity takes the form of contemporary jewels. Good vision …
In France he would have been nicknamed “l’enfant prodige“, because Carlo Zini discovered his talent for bijoux at a very young age indeed. So, very early, already at the age of 16, he made his first models of bijoux that led him to be hired in the goldsmith laboratory of Diana Monili. 10 years later he opens his first workshop, still in Milan. From there begins a journey of meetings – like the one with Marco Fei who becomes his irreplaceable collaborator – and collaborations, like the one with Moschino. International successes that have led Carlo Zini to extend its production to bags and accessories.
It is no coincidence that the creations of Carlo Zini have been worn by famous names such as Margaret Thatcher, Michael Jackson, Naomi Campbell, Marta Marzotto, Mina and Milva.
THE GOLDSMITH LABORATORY CAZZANIGA – NOBILI
The Goldsmith Laboratory of the Cazzaniga Nobili family is not just a jeweler: since 1980 it represents a meeting point between goldsmith’s art and creativity; a privileged place where dreams, ideas and desires come true.
It is precisely for these characteristics that the Lombardy Region in 2009 awarded the Goldsmith Lab Cazzaniga Nobili with the recognition of a goldsmith company of excellence, while the public in 2013 decreed the winner The Goldsmith Laboratory Cazzaniga in the competition “Verdi a jewel in music” held during the Jewel Masters Event.
HOMI is an international trade fair and is characterized, as we have seen in recent articles, for the ability to create incentives and insights on future trends, commissioning statistical analysis and organizing experiences in-depth and comparison. Then there are several ad hoc thematic areas such as TUTTEPAZZEPERILBIJOUX, MAESTRI DEL GIOIELLO, HOMI EXPERIENCE and EXPERIMENTAL PLUS, where, a selection of goldsmiths and goldsmith designers, will tell the creative process of their jewels.
Do not miss the HOMI Talk where professionals of companies and renowned brands in the fashion and jewelry sector will talk about important aspects of promotion, sales and communication in the sector and will propose suggestions on future developments. An important opportunity for professional operators to gather useful tips for the growth of their business.
For many years Madeinitalyfor.me deals with the sale of craft products, mainly through the web, both in the national and abroad, managing all the regulatory, distribution and promotion aspects and for this, we have also been invited to participate at an important talk:
“The platforms of excellence of online retail in the fashion / jewelry sector”
On this occasion, Armando Salerno Mele, creator and administrator of Madeinitalyfor.me, will bring an analysis of what has been the experience of our promotional activity in recent years for small shops; the state of the facts, the real possibilities offered by the web, the tools and some small suggestions to communicate in the best way.
Together with us, QVC Italia, a multimedia retailer and multi-channel platform for shopping and prof. of Economics and Business Management at the Ca ‘Foscari University of Venice, Stefano Micelli, who has been studying the transformation of the Italian industrial system for several years; since 2014 he is scientific director of the Fondazione Nord Est and author of several articles and volumes, including the new production districts (2009, with Giancarlo Corò) and Futuro craftsman. Innovation in the hands of the Italians (2011), winner of various prizes, including the Compasso d’Oro ADI 2014. Among the ongoing Digital Workshops we will find out more at Homi on Monday, January 29th, Hall 1 Stand K16, at 12.00. We are waiting for you!
The HOMI Fashion & Jewels not to be missed:
First day HOMI 2018 – Friday 26 January.
- 12.o0 p.m. – Pavilion 1 stand K 16 – Talk show: “The shop of the future – “From the concept store to the new concept store to the new models of custom-made shops”. The General Directors of COIN, IKEA, QVC and DOXA will intervene and Jo Squillo will be the moderator.
- 14.30 p.m. – Pavilion 1 stand K 16 – Talk show: “The Alibaba case, the giant e-commerce that is also suitable for small businesses” will star Mattia More, Mei.com’s executive director for Europe, the most important luxury platform online sales of the boxbusters: Jo Squillo will be the moderator here too.
- 15. 30 p.m – Pavilion 1 stand K 16 – Talk show: “The FiloBlu case and shopping E-Xperience” with Christian Nucibella, founder of FiloBlu. Jo Squillo will moderate.
- 16.30 p.m. – Pavilion 1 stand K 16 – Talk show: “Between Influencer and website as the communication changes”. Guests will be Daniela Fedi (from Il Giornale) with important influencers and bloggers in the fashion industry. Jo Squillo will moderate.
Second day HOMI 2018 – Saturday 27 January
- 10.30 p.m.- Hall 1 stand k 16 – I like me and so I am! Woman and make-up in 2018 with the participation of Diego from Palma Cosmetics
- 12.00 p.m. – Hall 1 Stand 16 k – Homi Fashion Show
- Ore 15.00 – Padiglione 1 stand k 16 – I like me and so I am! Woman and make-up in 2018 with the participation of Revlon
Third day HOMI 2018 – Sunday 28 January
- From 10.00 a.m. – Photographic shooting by Preziosa Magazine
- 14.30 p.m. – Hall 1 stand k16 – Talk Show – “Surfing Jewelery: ride the change to get back on the crest of the wave”. Curated by Gabriele Aprea, President Club of Goldsmiths Italy and Chantecler S.p.A. and Raffaele Ciardulli Luxury Senior Consultant. He will see Giovanni Micera as moderator
- 16.00 p.m. – Hal 1 stand k 16 – Talk Show by Associazione Gioiello MODA ITALIA “The difference between jewel and bijoux: an all-Italian anomaly”. The speakers will be Giuseppe Fredella (Gioiello Moda Italia ), Gabriele Aprea (Club degli Orafi), Cristian Preiata ( Exhibition Director Homi), Andrea Sangalli (Associazione Orafa lombarda Association) e Alba Cappellieri Polimi . Modera Giovanni Micera (Preziosa Magazine)
Fourth day Homi 2018 – Monday 29 January
12.00 p.m. – Madeinitalyfor.me will be the protagonist of an intervention dedicated to the online retail world (see above)