by Massimo Ripa
Massimo Ripa was born in 1970 from a family dedicated to rural life and specifically to the cultivation of ornamental plants. From an early age expresses his interest and curiosity for nature and its liveliness, starting to make drawings and representations of landscape elements that surrounded him. The predisposition and the passion for art come immediately, sprayed by the experience and the study spent at the Art Institute Umberto Preziotti in Fermo.
After completing his academic studies, Massimo is, since 1988, designer and creator of jewelry. The technique that he uses for the realization of his creations is mainly that of lost wax casting. His contemporary style ranges between the creativity of design and the simplicity of the jewel lines. What distinguishes his artistic creations is the search for original materials and high quality details, especially in the field of hard and precious stones, personally chosen and used in a wide range of colors and shapes.
The research of Massimo Ripa has for years pursued a precise idea of moving art, no longer enclosed in a rigid and pre-established space. His jewels set in the painting are part of the work and yet they can really be worn. The possibility of moving in space without any limitation breaks the traditional ideal of artistic work created solely for a visual fruition and you have the opportunity to interact personally with the work itself: eliminating the distance between spectator and creation, freeing the object from the environment that encloses it and finally giving it new life and movement. The ultimate goal is the exaltation of the jewel when it is not worn, an extremely neglected moment that the artist exalts through his works.
• Vicenza, Fiera di Vicenza Oro, 2000
• Milano, Atelier di Corso Venezia (angolo via della Spiga), 2001
• Roma, Oro Capital, 2002
• Roma, Oro di Roma Vittoriano, 2003
• Roma, Oro di Roma Castel Sant’Angelo, 2004
• Singapore, Oro di Roma, 2005
• Livorno, Museo di Storia Naturale del Mediterraneo, 2010
• Senigallia, Palazzo Baviera, Mostra del Gioiello Contemporaneo, 2010
• Organizzatore e curatore della Mostra del Gioiello Contemporaneo con materiali di riciclo “Salvaguardando l’Avanguardia”, 2013
• Spoleto, “Trasmutazioni”, Palazzo Ex Monte di Pietà, 2014
• Fermo, Mostra personale Cortile Palazzo Azzolino, 2015
• Macerata, Mostra Museo Palazzo Buonaccorsi, 2016
• Spoleto, Mostra “Naturalmente” Sala degli Ori, 2016 ,
• Singapore, 2017